Thursday 14 March 2013

Do we really need to know?



Hello! So, today is Wednesday, or, it was Wednesday about half an hour ago, but, post for Wednesday! Resumed second week of uni, and of course there is always that one subject that you don't enjoy, that you believe serves no purpose. Theory of graphic design isn't the most intriguing subject, like, knowing Karl Marx, and the theory of Marxism, where in the case of going to a shoe store to buy a pair of shoes, instead of asking "How much are these shoes?" he would ask "How much are the African children getting paid to make these?". He wrote about the Fetish of Commodity, which I'm not going to lie, it is interesting, I do like gaining knowledge of such interesting facts, but I don't know how such information can be the basis of a subject, I asked myself "How is knowing the Marxism theory going to aid my chances of getting a job?"

 I know it's a good idea to have background information of the field you are studying. I know it's essential to more the core factors of Graphic Design and all, but, we are in a modern age with fresh ideas and different culture as society is continuously growing and changing. Ah, this is the kind of topic that I get really into, but, I don't want to ramble on too long, it is hot and I just finished watching a movie, "The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2". I can't say I've watched a movie of that kind for a veeeeery long time. I usually stick to my Thriller and Horror, which leads me onto other topics I love to talk about, but I have uni in 7 hours and I need sleep, hopefully, one day, I fulfil my need to express these thoughts, accompanied by a few photographs of course. Enjoy your sleep!

Ex Oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment